Today is May Day. It was chosen by communists and socialists to commemorate the Haymarket affair where 11 people were killed after a dynamite bomb was thrown at Police.
It seems an appropriate day to commemorate all those killed by communism. The numbers below exclude war dead. This is deaths by government.
- China 73.2 million, mainly famine
- USSR 58.6 million, famine and executions
- Russia (1918 – 1922) 3.3 million
- North Korea 3.1 million, mainly famine
- Cambodia 2.6 million, genocide
- Afghanistan 1.8 million
- Vietnam 1.7 million
- Ethiopa 1.3 million
- Yugoslavia 1.1 million
- Chinese Soviet Republic 700k
- Mozambique 700k
- Romania 435k
- Bulgaria 222k
- Angola 125k
- Mongolia 100k
- Albania 100k
- Cuba 73k
- East Germany 70k
- Czechoslovakia 65k
- Laos 56k
That’s a total of almost 150 million dead due to communism. We should remember all those dead, especially when we see people proclaim they are a Marxist or communist. They will insist all those other countries just did it wrong, of course.