- Establishing a dedicated NZ Border Protection Agency which would oversee the work done by Customs, Immigration, Av Sec, MPI and more
- Requiring inbound travellers to provide evidence of a negative Covid-19 test before arrival in NZ
- Pre-boarding thermal imaging and again at points of entry
- Compulsory contact tracing for border workers and other frontline staff
- Rapid deployment of a bluetooth contact tracing system
- A test on demand system with a maximum 60 minute wait
Some of this stuff should have occurred months ago such as thermal imaging at airports. People have a choice about voting for the status qup or voting for a more secure border.