Chris Bishop has released details of threats against national candidates and volunteers, including:
- A National candidate being forced to move house after a gang threat
- A senior Head Hunters member filmed a National candidate and their spouse in a restaurant and shared it with followers, with an abusive and intimidating message
- death threats made to a volunteer in Auckland
- An allegedly intentional dog attack on a door knocking volunteer, resulting in injuries worthy of medical attention
- Several volunteers abused and followed by gang members in Hawke's Bay
- A candidate had a bottle of beer thrown over them, their volunteers frequently intimidated, and their house broken into.
It is very depressing that such incidents are happening, and there seem to be no consequences for those responsible.