Election periods are always busy times for me, but this election has been by far the most crazy I can recall. In the last two months I have (in order of importance):
- Been a parent to a 10 month old and three year old
- Analysed and written up 124 polling reports for 22 different clients. Note not all of these are election or political polling.
- Posted around 250 articles to Kiwiblog
- Done around 80 posts on Patreon
- As a Director of NZTU, helped with guidance on their three campaigns on debt, tax relief and anti-wealth tax
- Done our own crowdfunded campaign over Labour’s total lack of delivery on key promises
- Done around a dozen presentations to business or sector groups on the election and potential outcomes
- Had an emergency appendectomy
Due to all this both my physical and mental health is, not surprisingly, at a low ebb. I’m beyond exhausted.
So next week after the election, I’m heading somewhere secluded for a couple of days to recharge. No laptop. No visitors. Just me and some books, so I can relax and sleep. So please don’t contact me next week, unless urgent.
At least election campaigns are only once every three years!